Are you looking for a volunteer internship position working digitally with disaster response?
Well, look no further!
Humanity Road Disaster Response Internship Program is a volunteer virtual emergency response internship program. Interns learn online how to perform crisis mapping, support first responders during a disaster, and monitor online messages for urgent needs of those impacted by disaster. To accomplish these tasks, Humanity Road provides interns with expert knowledge in social media for emergency management SMEM) offering participants the potential for real-world, valuable learning opportunities.
Come join us for this unique volunteer internship experience!
Spring Cycle – January 1 – April 30 (Open – Deadline for Submissions is December 11, 2015 )
(Click links to see descriptions)
- Commit to the entire internship session
- Have computer and internet access (microphone and earphones useful too)
- Be flexible to respond online when disasters strike
- Send your resume with a letter of introduction that includes your internship goals, contact information and volunteer experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Academic Credit
- Include a letter from your instructor or department head with approval for course credit and listing any specific requirements other than those in the internship description.
- Send required documents no less than two (2) weeks prior to college registration deadline. (See Internship Schedule here.)
- Maintain current enrollment as student in higher education institution
- You may be working ten (10) hours per week—based on your internship requirements and your position.
- You will receive supervision online
- You will benefit from hands on experience which will add value to your career development.
We look forward to sharing our extensive digital disaster response experience with you!