Malegra comes in two distinctly different forms although both of them act similarly and serve the same medical purpose. The drug was developed as a solution for men who are not entirely confident in their sexual prowess and want to improve their sexual performance. It is hard to underestimate the influence of sexual disorders, erectile dysfunction, and other male sexual problems. Such issues affect men both physiologically and psychologically and dramatically change the way we experience our lives. The very quality of life strongly depends on the quality of our sexual relationships.
Malegra unites several famously effective drugs and makes a strong combination that helps to solve three problems simultaneously – depressive thoughts, premature ejaculation, and erectile dysfunction. While two latter issues directly affect the quality of men’s performance in bed, the former also has an impact on how we perceive our sexuality and capability as lovers. The very combination of sildenafil citrate (Viagra) and various SSRIs and SNRIs (serotonin reuptake inhibitors of various sorts) is not uncommon for the pharmaceutical industry.
On a positive note, Sildenafil Citrate and Duloxetine with Fluoxetine are completely different drugs that have drastically contrasting mechanisms of action thus allowing for a relatively safe fusion of these drugs to be used as a single product. Sildenafil citrate is more known under its famous brand name – Viagra. One of the undoubted leaders of the industry in terms of sales, this drug is known to all people around the world as the most effective erectile dysfunction treatment drug. At the same time, many people are familiar with brand names “Prozac” and “Cymbalta” which are incredibly popular antidepressants.
How Malegra DXT and FXT Work
The combination of drugs should be effective to treat various issues with sexual underperformance namely erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation as well as improving your mood and making you less stressed about sexual intercourses in general. The mechanism of action is based on the physiological effectiveness of Sildenafil and psychological effect of the antidepressant component. Malegra DXT contains Duloxetine and Malegra FXT contains Fluoxetine.
- The pharmacological effect of Sildenafil is more than well studied and we pretty much know everything about how this drug affects our body. When the compound enters your organism it starts protecting cGMP molecules from disintegrating and continue releasing more NO into our blood vessel system to relax soft muscle tissues and allow for easier blood flow throughout the body. The mechanism of erection is quite simple: penile cavernous tissues respond to sexual arousal and stimulation by soaking in blood and increasing in volume. High blood pressure and problems with blood flow in general may inhibit this process. Sildenafil helps your organism to respond naturally.
- Malegra DXT contains Duloxetine – a widely known inhibitor of norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake. This is a selective inhibitor which means that the drug acts less as an opioid or glutamate based antidepressant and instead targets 5-HT and NE transporters and imposing less danger to your organism. Physiologically many aspects of our behavior and ejaculation reflex among others are connected to how our brain reacts to various stimulus coming from “distant” parts of the body. By improving how our Central Nervous System reacts to external irritators, duloxetine helps to sedate your thoughts and improve your sexual performance and may positively affect your sexual stamina.
- Fluoxetine is the second main component of Malegra FXT and acts as a classic SSRI. Many people know this drug under its widely popular brand name Prozac. This compound is one of the most effective serotonin reuptake inhibitors known to science and dramatically increases the longevity of serotonin molecules in our CNS. While the main purpose of this drug is to work as an antidepressant its prowess in delaying ejaculation and improving your mood before sexual activities is also hard to overestimate.
How Should You Take Malegra? Indications and Dosages
Malegra is a drug that should be taken by people who are familiar with sildenafil in the first place. Note that overusing antidepressants may lead to significant psychological complications and we strongly recommend you to calculate your optimal dose based on both sildenafil and antidepressant strengths in the contents of the drug. Choose the right amount of the drug to use per intake after considering all other medications that you are using regularly as well your own preferences when it comes to Viagra and similar drugs that treat erectile dysfunction.
The main indication for this drug is erectile dysfunction especially when paired with various other sexual dysfunctions namely genuine premature ejaculation, sexual anxiety, low self-esteem, and others. If you experience any combinations of symptoms listed above, you will most likely be able to counteract them with a carefully calculated dose of Malegra that can be used as a recreational tool, but remains as an effective when-needed drug.
There is a reason why you should not use this drug as a recreational continuous mean of counteracting various sexual issues. Sildenafil has a relatively short half-life period and will be ineffective within 3-4 hours after the intake with the leftovers of the drug being removed from the body within next 24 hours. This means two crucially important things: you need to avoid using several dosages within the 24 hours timeframe in order to prevent accumulation leading to overdosing and you need to take a dosage right before sexual activities in order to increase the effectiveness of the drug.
Amongst other possible applications of the drug are depressive thoughts, mood swings, low self-esteem, and singled out sexual issues.
Calculating an appropriate dosage may be tricky due to the fact that you need to account for both sildenafil and antidepressant component. Choosing how many and what pills to use depends on whether you are taking other similar drugs and on your general condition. Do not use the drug without prior consultations with your doctor and in cases when you do not have symptoms described previously.
Drug Interactions and Side Effects
Each of components of the drug differently interacts with other medications thus you should avoid mixing Malegra with any of the drugs listed below.
Note that the list does not cover all possible drug conflicts.
- Sildenafil may have conflicts with specific antibiotics like clarithromycin, erythromycin, and such, as well as a long list of antifungal and antiviral drugs especially those designed to counteract HIV/AIDS. Sildenafil may be dangerous to take together with nitrites and nitrates (vasodilators) and drugs that may act as such namely beta blockers and alpha blockers. There are other drugs that may negatively interact with Malegra. Please, consider talking to your local pharmacologist or medical specialist in order to avoid problems.
- Fluoxetine and Duloxetine share the same list of negatively interacting drugs as Prozac since it is essentially the same drug in many regards. Fluoxetine should not be taken together with Cyclobenzaprine (a muscle relaxant), Tramadol (an opioid painkiller widely used in USA and many European countries), and Trazodone – an antidepressant. The list also contains a variety of other drugs that usually work similarly to Fluoxetine. This means that other antidepressants and opioids should not be combined with Malegra.
You should be aware of various negative indications for the drug. Malegra may be inappropriate for many people with specific diseases and health issues that may be worsened or incompatible with the usage of either of Malegra’s components. We will provide an incomplete list of such health conditions that do not “go well” together with Sildenafil Citrate, Duloxetine, or Fluoxetine.
Do not take Malegra if you have:
- A history of heart issues like heart attacks, insults, and other;
- Any kind of heart diseases or diseases related to the blood vessel system;
- Issues with liver, kidney;
- High blood pressure or low blood pressure;
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension;
- Specific genetically disorders like retinal color disorder and glaucoma;
- Urinary tract obstruction (when taken together with Duloxetine that helps with urination issues);
- Manias, depression, sleep deprivation, and other neurological issues as well as seizures.
If you have any of disorders listed above, you should not use Malegra. Note that using drugs that are helping with sexual disorders is not recommended for people who are strongly advised to avoid sexual activities. Malegra is not an aphrodisiac, but it also encourages sexual activities and should not be used by people with various heart problems.
Both sildenafil and antidepressant components have various side effects that they may cause. Due to the variety of possible adverse effects, we will try to list them in a single incomplete list. Note that any change in health condition should be treated seriously. If you feel abnormally during the treatment course, consider seeking for medical attention and tell your doctor the exact list of all prescribed drugs that you are using simultaneously.
Our incomplete list of possible side effects includes:
- Common for Duluxetine and Fluoxetine side effects are asthenia, digestion issues like diarrhea, constipation, general fatigue and feeling weak, sleep deprivation, problems with sleep in general, strong sedation, nausea, headache, and possible xerostomia. Some patients also report unusual agitation, weird tension, pains in the lower part of the stomach, severely decreased appetite, restlessness.
- Common for Sildenafil Citrate (Viagra) side effects are dizziness, feeling that you may faint, pains in back and muscles that usually wear off within 24 hours, headache, flushing, runny or stuffy nose, shortness of breathing, chest pains.
Note that there are contradicting side effects that have a distinctly individual character and thus should be observed separately in each case. Antidepressants may cause a significant decay in sexual libido and even cause temporary erectile dysfunction especially when over used within a short period of time. If you do not experience a desired effect after several attempts to use the drug you may experience the conflict of adverse effects which is completely normal and individual. In such cases, consider choosing another drug to treat sexual dysfunctions.
Another important thing about side effects is that you may feel depressed and have suicidal thoughts after multiple intakes of the drug. This means that you are overusing the drug and that you are experiencing very dangerous side effects of any antidepressants. Immediately seek for medical attention.
Sildenafil also have various effects that are extremely rare but should be treated very seriously since they may lead to heavy permanent damage to your organism.
Such side effects include:
- A very rare condition when the erection lasts for a long period of time and often cause pain and heavy discomfort. Sometimes, the longevity of an erection may be over 2 hours, but when you experience such persistent erections, you should avoid using PDE5 inhibitors, vasodilators, and consider talking to a doctor. If the erection persists for 3 or more hours, seek for medical assistance immediately to prevent permanent damage to your tissues.
- Temporary blindness. A sudden loss of vision or hearing is also a side effect that was noticed during using Sildenafil. Obviously, you should immediately seek for medical attention if any changes in vision occur. Such changes may manifest through problems with distinguishing colors and blurring sight.
Interactions with Drugs and Alcohol
Alcohol acts as a vasodilator and should not be used together with any of PDE5 inhibitors. While drinking a cup of wine is okay, having Viagra or Malegra during a drinking party is not recommended. A combination of Malegra and alcohol can significantly lower the blood pressure and lead to a life threateningly low level. While both Duloxetine and fluoxetine raise the blood pressure and can somewhat counteract the effect of alcohol and Sildenafil, combining any prescribed drug with alcohol is generally a bad idea. Alcohol may also damage your liver when taken together with drugs that may affect the condition of your liver. Both duloxetine and fluoxetine are known for such effects.
Do not use Malegra DXT and FXT with other aphrodisiacs like nitrites (poppers) and/or recreational drugs. Using the drug together with grapefruit and its byproducts is also not recommended since this combination may severely reduce the effectiveness of Malegra and even prevent its activation. Note that eating before sexual activities is not recommended due to the fact that the activation time of Malegra may be significantly delayed in presence of any food.
If you experience any issues that may be related to food poisoning or problems with digestion in general, we strongly recommend seeing your doctor and telling him the list of all herbal and synthetic drugs that you are using. Some of the drugs and their active and inactive components may not work well with foods that are common for some people.
Pay attention to suddenly appearing bruises, unusual tiredness or weakness, bleeding, various changes in skin condition, nausea, unexplainable loss of appetite, urine that has a very dark color and bad smell, yellow skin, darkening whites of eyes, and chills often followed by fevers. These symptoms are loud indications of liver damage and can be quite dangerous. Seeking for medical attention for further examination is advised.